Legal Counsel for Entrepreneurs, Startups, and Small to Mid-Sized Businesses
When you’re working for yourself things happen fast. Maybe you’ve been creating documents yourself and hoping that they protect you. Maybe you’re simply not using any legal documents at all or getting them off a website without real legal advice. Wolf Law provides affordable and convenient legal counsel for small to mid-sized businesses and startup companies. Whether you are just starting out or you have an established business, we can help. We’re here to make sure your big wins don’t turn into big losses. You may be a small business, but you’re doing big things, and you shouldn’t be unprotected. We offer services to startups, entrepreneurs, and other small businesses help with Business Entity Formation and Contract Review.
Let us get to work so that you can work at what you do best.
Business Entity Formation Services
Launching a new business can be both an exciting and daunting task. Wolf Law can help by making the process as easy and as painless as possible with our business entity formation services, which are tailored specifically for startups, entrepreneurs, and small businesses. We can also help by laying the foundation for a secure and successful future. Moreover, our business entity formation services provide you with everything you need for a flat fee, fixed price. One of the first things you will need to do when you launch your business is to choose a legal entity. There is no one business entity that is best for all startup businesses. Choosing the right form now will save you time and money down the line. Our business formation services include legal advice on which business entity structure best suits your operation. Business entities to choose from include:
- Sole Proprietorship
- General Partnership
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Corporation (C-Corp or S-Corp)
- Professional Services Corporation (PC)
All our flat fee Business Formation services include:
- Conducting a name search to make sure that the name you want is available with the State and working with you to choose an appropriate available. name.
- Completing all of the necessary paperwork to create a new business entity and submit the documents electronically to the state for processing and obtain the appropriate Certificate of Formation.
- Obtaining your Federal Tax Id number and State Employer Id number.
Optional Services Include:
- Personalized Operating Agreement for Single Member LLC or Multi Member LLC: We will prepare a personalized Operating Agreement, which contains important provisions regarding your LLC’s operations and fixes percentage of ownership and management responsibilities and control.
- Personalized Organizational Meeting Minutes, Corporate By-Laws and Corporate Resolutions for a C or S Corporation. We will prepare personalized Organizational Minutes so that you can properly organize your new corporation as well as the formal Resolutions you need to set up a new bank account. We will prepare the Corporate By-Laws which fix percentages of ownership, classes of stock, manner of electing corporate officers, and govern control and management of the corporation.
If you are ready to properly form and organize your new business call us at (732) 741-4448 to get started.
Contract Review Services
A good contract with your customers or suppliers is key to getting what you deserve, on time, and within your terms. A bad contract can result in lost time, money, disputes, and lawsuits.
The experienced contract review lawyers at Wolf Law represent entrepreneurs, startup companies, and other small to mid-sized businesses in a broad variety of contract matters. Our services include contract review, drafting, and negotiation related to various business activities, including:
- Asset Purchase Agreements
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Non-Compete or Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Restrictive Covenants
- Software Development Agreements
- Subcontractor Agreements
- Releases and Waivers
- Various Employment-Related Agreements
- Consulting Service Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Operating Agreements
Frequently, small businesses assume that attorney review of a contract is expensive or time consuming. When attorneys bill by the hour, it usually is. For many of our contract review and drafting services, however, Wolf Law offers flat-rate pricing. In doing so, we hope that small businesses will benefit by retaining counsel for more of their contracts. Call us today to see if flat rate pricing applies to your project.
Often times, small businesses also incorrectly assume that contracts must be signed “as is,” i.e. they are non-negotiable. As a result, they frequently sign agreements without reviewing them, thereby accepting unfair provisions. In reality, most businesses expect proposed alterations to their contracts. Don’t overlook contract language or think that a contract is non-negotiable.
Not only are most contracts one sided, heavily favoring the drafting party, but one size does not fit all. Moreover, in the unfortunate event of a dispute or a termination, you need to ensure that your interests are protected. Perhaps most importantly, this means making sure that you get paid for the work you have already done, as well as making certain that you have the freedom to do business in the future for other clients, without interference from the former client.
Also, you want to confirm that your agreement addresses important issues that may arise throughout the course of your relationship with the client. For example, if the agreement is terminated early through no fault of your own, what are your rights? Does the agreement specify whether or not travel or overhead expenses are covered? Are the terms of the non-solicitation provision fair?
Don’t wait until issues like this to arise before seeking legal counsel. By having an experienced contract review lawyer review and negotiate changes to your contracts, your chances of success improve dramatically.
Need help drafting or reviewing a contract? Contact us today at (732) 741-4448.